Tuesday 30 November 2010

Missing snow


As a Canadian, I am used to snow. A lot of snow. I always found the first snow quite magical... and so beautiful! It always was a special day for me. Of course, once Christmas was over, it was getting on my nerves by making everything so difficult! I never actually thought I would ever miss it... But I was wrong as I miss it terribly! Since moving to the UK almost four years ago, I have barely seen snow so on the rare occasions, I made the most of it! Last January, there were quite a few snow days here in  Manchester so my husband and I took the opportunity to take some photos. It was the perfect time to wear my lovely vintage hat! (Which my husband nicknamed "Microphone Head")






I really hope to have the chance to enjoy some snow this year as well! It's falling everywhere BUT in Manchester these days... 

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pics, darling!
    I can't wait for the first snowfall here in CT!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the first snowfall being magical. We've had a few light snowfalls already, but nothing too serious (or pretty) as the ground hasn't been cold enough to hold it. As much as I loathe to admit it, I am looking forward to that first magical snowfall and watching it from the cozy indoors ;)

    These photos from last winter are lovely. I especially like the first one! Here's hoping you get some of your beloved snow in Manchester soon! Oh, and your ''microphone head'' hat is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are beautiful! I tend to hate snow (driving in it is dreadful) but photos like these remind me of the magical quality it provides during the holidays. :)

    Oh, and my future hubby who is from Manchester is Morrissey (the singer). I'm kind of sort of madly in love with him. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it must be amazing to live where it snows! Here in Brazil we don't get even close to this possibility (so, so hot right now = 38ÂșC)!


    Camila F.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that the first snowfall is magical -- so pretty. Of course, I tire of it quickly when I'm trekking a mile to class in the freezing weather! These photos are gorgeous, though.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom lives in England too:) Those are such a great photos...I also love snow...It makes the whole Holiday season so magical:)
    Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find snow falls magical too, though I don't get them where I live, ever! Only in the north-east of Portugal it's snowing right now :| So I hope it starts to snow in Manchester!
    Loved these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures. Snow is such a different concept for me since I have only ever seen it once in my life. Very different from the summer weather in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet you've got it now though, right? ; ) It's been nice having the snow, though it didn't last long here in London...

    ReplyDelete
  11. No way, you didn't get any snow? We had a little in Birmingham but I guess you had to be a little further up north or very southern to get some real snow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful photos! im sure it will fall soon. i always love the first snow fall but after that want it to end lolol

    ReplyDelete