Tuesday 2 November 2010

In Manchester

I have been a terrible blogger! Despite all my good intentions to post on a regular basis, I always seem to be too busy... Especially now that I am back to work.

Last week, my husband and I went to the town center of Manchester for the day and we had a lovely time! Since it is fairly near to where we live, it is something we do quite regularly and even though it is not the New York or Montreal I am used to, I always enjoy going.
Here are some pictures which were taken then:




The next picture is a bit random, but I really love that fan so I had to take a picture of it.

Me enjoying a delicious "Cosmopolitan"... And looking slightly darker than deathly pale. I have gone so pale since moving here to the UK that even my family is a bit shocked when they see me!

15 comments:

  1. That ferris wheel is enormous! Did you go on it? I would've been far too scared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smaller cities certainly have a charm all their own, don't they? I love the angle at which you photographed the Ferris wheel. The fan blades remind me of flower petals or moth wings. I would have photographed it, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ferris wheel is gorgeous! Love them.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! I had no idea you lived in Montreal! Did you grow up there? I am originally from toronto but i moved to go to concordia and have absolutely fallen in love with the city!! i love meeting other canadian bloggers and yours blog is sweet as maple syrup! <3

    fashionmademefunky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an awesome fan! Really nice!

    You look lovely! :)

    Camila F.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've spent two days in Manchester (in one-day installments) and I think it's a really cool city. I love me some Northern England. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I'm going ghostly too. It's depressing, and means every blotch on my face shows up way darker than previously. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos belong in a magazine. Seriously. And Manchester looks SO fabulous. I really want to go one day. (My hero and future husband is from there).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, I love that England has turned you pale! You'll be an English rose in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful pictures I especially love the third one. I also love Cosmopolitan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are such nice pictures, especially the first and third! really lovely!

    ReplyDelete