Sunday, 26 September 2010

Guilt-free fashion

This post has been a long time coming... But between feeling unwell and some family visiting, I haven't had the time nor the energy to write anything!

This time, I decided to make a post about another of my passions: fashion. I have always liked to try different things and be different from others, which is something my parents encouraged despite being sceptical about some of my choices as a teenager. Now, looking back at it, I wish they'd have stopped a few of my attempts! I know, I know, we all have pictures we look at wishing we never would have worn this and that...
Now an adult, even if I'm still quite adventurous, I have to admit my style has changed. Primarily due to my veganism. There are some clothes, shoes and accessories I obviously don't wear anymore so all of my outfits are animal friendly. I have to admit, dressing up has never been as fun and guilt-free!

My husband took some photos yesterday in a field nearby. It was also an occasion to take nice shots of my newly cut bangs! I have been thinking about changing my hair for a while but since I didn't want to lose any length, I opted for bangs, a decision I haven't regretted especially now that I am getting better at styling it!

Being Canadian therefore used to cold (dry) weather, people here in the UK are often surprised to hear me say how cold I am in this damp and wet environment. I hate such weather and much prefer having a dry -20 Celsius degrees than a damp +5 Celsius degrees!
Yesterday, however, was nice, dry and crispy just like a sunny Canadian autumn day. It was so nice to be able to wear my new adorable fingerless gloves along with one of my favorite dresses which I bought from Asos last year... And to do so without having to carry an umbrella!


  1. Lovely looks, darling!
    Fabulous gloves!


  2. thank you so much for your lovely comment x

  3. i love the outdoor settings for your fashion photos. The tall green grass and still green foliage make a nice backdrop. Were the pretty fingerless lacy looking gloves from Asos as well as the dress? Your freshly cut bangs look nice. Speaking of veganism, i went food shopping yesterday and (lazy me) later micro-waved an Amy's frozen vegan meal- a black bean Tamale Verde. I also picked up more "Deep" potato-pea samosas (Indian) and some more extra firm tofu and a fresh green cabbage. I will probably make pasta fagiole (White kidney beans, ditalini noodles and meatless marinara sauce) within the next couple of days. i wish my teeth were better, because the corn is so good around here. I'm having trouble finding the big fordhook lima beans I love. Sorry for digressing. Love your outfit, and thank you for your comments.

  4. You look stunning, and I love your coat!
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment! Yours is fab; I can't wait for more!
    xo Josie

  5. We would love for you to join our PRADA Giveaway

  6. I'm so happy to have discovered your new blog! The recent comments you left me were a delight to read. I'm glad you're back :)

    Your bangs look great. I sported straight bangs for the first 16 years of my life and have recently wanted to give them a go again. I'm not actually sure that I'll do it, but it's a possibility.

    Perfect autumn weather is creeping upon us here in upstate NY and I couldn't be happier. I might even break out my fingerless gloves today :)

  7. This outfit is adorable! I especially love your coat. And these photos came out very beautiful. They look professional, actually. Does your husband take photos for a living? :)

  8. Gorgeous shots!
    Love this combination, especailly that stunning coat & the arm warmers.
    The colours tone in beautifully together.

    Thanks for stopping by :)
    Just became a follower xo

  9. I like the effect that you put on these shots, kind of mysterious!

  10. These are such pretty shots!

    Matt and Nat are a favourite canadian brand of mine that are totally vegan friendly - can't help you out too much in the clothing/shoe department but they have super great bags.

    Thanks for your lovely comment too btw!

  11. Welcome back to the blogging scene! I certainly agree with you that the cold and damp is truly bone-rattling. I remember being absolutely freezing the year I was in Glasgow (and am not exactly warm so far here in London either). Then again, Vancouver's pretty damp.

    I like your trench coat very much and I admire your pursuit of ethical fashion. I'm a leather shoes person myself, but I try and control it by only buying good ones, and wearing them down to the ground (resoled and everything).

  12. good you are back too... nice pictures!! ñ_ñ


  13. I'm very pleased that you are posting again and I love these pictures. Its such a great place to take pictures and I love your outfit, especially the coat. I adore your hair its so perfect.